Swagbucks

Friday, June 20, 2008

Father's Day, Preparing for #2 (years that is) and our 1st Big Harvest!!





Father's day weekend is usually celebrated up here in NC with a family reunion!! We wanted to take an opportunity to love on John and his Granddaddy JA and see the rest of the fam since many of them have had yet to meet Brighton. They get together each year in Selma/Pine Level, NC and with Granddaddy starting dialysis this week.. they are not sure how much more traveling they are going to get to do down from Virginia Beach!! Heres some pics of the fun!! Note Johns tongue of concentration and Bright enjoying the ride :) After the reunion.. we all took a much needed nap and then treated Daddy to a nice dinner out and bought him a new watch!! Since our Sundays are usually jam packed with church, lunch and then small group, there was not much time to celebrate!! We love you, Daddy, and we thank Jesus for you EVERY DAY :)

******************************
I worked hard all week trying to get Bright's birthday invitations made and in the mail at a month out. I was quite thrilled with the way they turned out. Considering the only thing I purchased was the tractor stamp on Ebay and all of the rest of the supplies I used from materials we had at home already!! Bargain!! We invited our families, a few close friends and our small group... keeping it tiny so Bright won't get overwhelmed!! We are looking forward to our Saturday picnic and getting dirty little boy style... like usual these days :)


*****************************



Our first official harvest of the Lavender season has been.. plentiful!! With a new found respect for the bumblebees which seem to be in LOVE with the plant... I only harvested half of the flowers (for now) to dry out and use for decorations and scented projects in days to come :) Ever since Bright has been entralled with the Bee Movie... I can't help but hear them "talking" and knowing that I am removing their "work".. aka Nectar... pollenating our other flowers... and reducing the honey supply :) Isn't it amazing what you can learn from your kids?? Blows my mind!! Enjoy our pics!!

No comments: