Hello friends...
Well, I still have a cold which is slowly going away and Bright is back to being Mr. Fussy Bucket ( an endearing name that we used to call him at the beginning when he cried a lot!!) The Lord, ever so faithful, has put a few verses across my path these past couple days... to claim and encourage for myself and others (especially all the trials we've had within the life of our small group this past month or so.) I pray they encourage your heart as well...
A promise to stand on since the days of old:
Is 40:11
He will tend his flock like a shepherd;
He will gather the lambs in his arms;
He will carry them in his bosom,
and gently lead those that are with young.
Now, doesnt that encourage your heart!! To know that we are all in His sheepfold, that our small group is His to shepherd!! To know that He carries us, holding us close to his chest (like a football nestled safely in a football players chest who is running with all his might to the goal line, protecting us from blows and the enemy) and then it ends with the promise of that us, parents and especially mommies, will be led "gently" as we lead and raise our children!! WOW!!!
Promise(s) to get you through the day, the week, the season:
Is 46:3
"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all the remnant of the house of Israel, who have been borne by me from before your birth,
carried from the womb; even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear;
I will carry and will save."
Ps 68:19
Blessed be the Lord,
who daily bears us up;
God is our salvation.
Selah
He lifts us up... we aren't capable of lifting ourselves... and not only did He bear us up yesterday, but its a promise that He will do it again today and tomorrow and forever!!
Ephesians 4:1-17... read it all as I did this morning... but Im going to focus on the accountability aspect of 1-3 here pertaining to checking myself and the call that we have to urge on those that we love to do the same (like Paul does to the church of Ephesus)
I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called...
(What does this call look like in my life??)
*with all humility and gentleness
*with patience
*bearing with one another in love
*eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
I tell ya... if that doesn't kick your rear into gear.. well, take care lest you fall. Cause I can look at that list above and acknowledge the sin that plagues my heart even in reference to dealing with a crying fussy toddler who cant be appeased and a husband who works so hard to be a good steward and the provider that God has called him to be!!
Isnt Gods Word amazing... He stregthens our souls and realigns our heart with it!! That is powerful when you think about it!!
Ok, thats enough preaching for today... just felt led to share with you how the Lord was encouraging me, holding up this (stuffy and runny, full of thoughts) head of mine and refining me into a more selfless and Christ-like person!!
************************************
Funny story for the day:
Bright kept going into the kitchen this morning crying and signing "please" accompanied by a point to the top of the fridge. So I gave him his sippy... not the answer... gave him some cheerios... not the answer.... what does a mommy do now that its turned to a persistent cry and deliberate signing and point??
I lift him up to the fridge... lo and behold, he reaches for the jar of Macey's bones!! Thats when I realized that I ruined him with the chocolate chip cookie that you can see a few blogs below.... he thought the dog treats were cookies!!
WARNING: the next step may alarm you or make you gag!!
Being a mommy of a boy and daughter of a great learn by doing grammy (who let me eat kitty cookies and pretend to potty in the litter box)... I took the lid off, let him pull one out... and I watched him stick it in his mouth!! I thought to myself "well, Becca, this is do or die here.. hes gonna love it or hes gonna hate it.... praying for the dislike!!!!"
The good news: even though they were pnut butter flavored... he thought they were nasty and quickly stopped crying and pointing at the container :)
Never a dull moment!!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment