Swagbucks

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Siblings

Have you ever sat and thought about the way we perceive how other people feel (our spouses, siblings, friends, neighbors, strangers?) Ive realized since God blessed us with children a few years ago that often I project my feelings (whether emotions or conditions: hot/cold, etc.) onto other people. For instance, if I feel hot I automatically assume that my children are hot. If I am being impatient or annoyed, I assume everyone around me is having the same sin struggle too.

You would think being a small newborn that a loud, busy older brother would be bothersome. That the racket he makes that I think may drive me insane at some point in the near future would be irritating. That the constant poking, leaning up against and limb pulling would make a baby cry. That his face up against her face, or blowing on or licking her would be frustrating.

You learn a lot about love when you watch siblings. This is something that I am just coming to understand and probably have a long way to go. You realize a lot about Christ's love even in a 6.5 week old who interacts with her older brother, or the way the big guy wakes up and immediately wants to hug and kiss his sister. Christ loves us that much and so much more!! He is always pursuing us, always loving and always showing grace. And He constantly puts up with me even when I am selfish, annoying and bothersome.

What got me thinking the other day about all of this?

Bright was running around the house, yes, literally running... talking at the top of his lungs about something so silly Im sure as he came racing out from his bedroom. Raelyn was getting fussy on my lap as it was approaching nap time right when Bright rounded the corner. As fast as a bobbly headed newborn can, she whisked her head to the side, locked eyes on him and gave him the BIGGEST grin she has yet to give. Shes absolutely captivated by him. She stares at him, puts up with him and loves him so much... you can just see it.

Now, dont get me wrong... Bright loves her that much more... but it is easier to see because he is capable of communicating, showing affection, etc. But he like his mommy, battles his fleshly instincts too.

*******************************************************
Something fun this week about Bright:

John is helping Bright memorizing doctrine (kid friendly of course) by using a ? and answer format.

For instance:
John says: Bright, who made you?
Bright says: God made me.
J: What else has God made?
B: Birds, Trees, Water, Me. All things.
J: Why did God make you and all things?
B: For His own Glory.


John and Bright were wrestling on Brights bed yesterday. Bright landed on Johns chest head first and John asked him what he heard. Out of nowhere, Bright replied... "Daddy has a cricket in his chest!!" So this morning soon after Bright woke up, he went running into our bedroom to ask Daddy if the cricket was still alive inside him. He was relieved to know... the cricket was still ticking :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet! Bright licks Raelyn? That's pretty funny. Sophie gets more than her fair share of licks from Ellie. Children are so funny with their associations. I never would think that a heartbeat sounds like a cricket. Very cute! Glad that cricket is still alive!

The Woodall family said...

aww:) Such sweetness! I can't wait to see those babies...and their parents, too! Love you!